Scrubbers are tools for reducing air pollution and are employed in the removal of certain gases and particulates from industrial exhaust streams.
Scrubbers are exceptionally effective tools for reducing air pollution and can remove more than 95% of the SO2 from emissions from power plants’ stacks. In actuality, SO2 removal efficiency can occasionally reach 98 to 99 percent. Advanced scrubber designs frequently achieve targeted efficiency of greater than 95%.
Purpose of using scrubber: –
- To remove hazardous elements from a waste gas stream or industrial air.
2. To reduce air pollution and to filter out certain gases and particles from industrial exhaust streams.
Types of Scrubbers:-
- Wet Scrubber – Wet scrubbers eliminate particulate matter from industrial exhaust gas streams by capturing the particles in fine liquid mist droplets or in layers of scrubbing liquid. These wet scrubber is designed and manufactured with the aid of the finest quality material and sophisticated technologies. This wet scrubber is used to remove gases and particulates and which are produced with flames.
- Venturi Scrubber – A venturi scrubber consists of converging section, a throat i.e. the narrowest part of the venture tube and a diffuser. The dust mix flows through the venturi tube and reaches top speed in the throat section. Thereafter, the mixture passes into the diffuser where the speed drops again.
- Packed Bed Scrubber – Packed bed scrubber contact a liquid, typically water, with a gas to transfer a component of the gas into the liquid. The gas flows upwards through the packed bed, and liquid flows downward.